We have introduced a variety of changes to ensure we are Covid-19 safe. This includes:
- Classes running in larger halls to promote social distancing.
- Zoning and relocation of equipment to promote social distancing.
- One-way entry and exit systems in all centres.
- Hand sanitiser stations placed in key contact points.
- The appropriate and effective use of cleaning chemicals at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Ongoing and regular enhanced staff training.
- Protective screens at reception.
- Floor stickers and signage around centres to promote social distancing.
To help you feel confident when you visit us, we’ve put together further guidelines for your visit to the Gym, Group Exercise Classes or Swimming Pools.
- Only bring what you need for you session – e.g. exercise mat (if required) and water bottle
- Water fountains will not be in use, so please bring a full water bottle
- The changing facilities will be closed, so please ensure you arrive ready to exercise
- Lockers are currently unavailable, so please do not bring valuables and do not leave personal belongings unsupervised
- To ensure customer safety, Wave will not provide equipment such as exercise mats for classes or rental equipment for other activities. Exercise mats will be available for purchase at reception for £6, and yoga mats are available for £18.50
- Toilets access will be restricted and available for essential use only
- Please wash your hands before you leave home
- If you do not feel well or are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home and do not visit the centre
Arrival at Site & Reception
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your booked session
- There will be a one-way system in place. Please follow this to avoid unnecessary contact with others
- When arriving at site please join the queue and follow the current social distancing guidelines. There are queue markers to help guide you. Please stand on the queue markers and keep your social distance
- Please stand well back from the receptionist. Our Receptionist will be busy, so please wait until you are at the front of the queue to talk to them
- Only discuss your current activity with the receptionist
- Where necessary, please make contactless payments only
- If you have questions about anything other than your booking, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have been signed in, the reception team will direct you to a holding or activity area
- There will be hand sanitiser available, please use it prior to commencing your session
- Limited facilities will be available for essential use only
- Sanitise your hands before going in
- Please clean seat after use with the disinfectant provided
- Wash and dry hands thoroughly before coming back out
Staff Training and Cleaning Regimes
In light of COVID-19, we have been liaising with suppliers to ensure that the cleaning regime and products we use fall in line with their recommendations. In addition, our staff are fully informed and trained to follow these new recommendations to ensure sites are cleaned to the required standard.
Whilst we are focusing on gym and group exercise classes at this point, if you are a Club attached to one or more of our sites, then a staff member will be in touch to discuss way forward options for your activities. We know that National Governing Bodies (NGBs) have been busy helping Clubs prepare Risk Assessments to ensure activities can resume as soon as possible. We don’t want to stop your activities from running, we just need to ensure we can manage numbers through our sites safely.