Summary of Main Duties and Activities
The priority of our bar staff is to provide a friendly and efficient full service to all of its visitors at all times which means:
- Adherence to Wave Leisure standards.
- Maintaining the opening times and operational standards as agreed.
- To provide customers with prompt beverage service, inclusive of acholic beverages.
- Always be in full uniform and well presented.
- Engaging with all our customers and aim to exceed the customers’ needs and expectations.
- Promote site activities and offerings.
- Carry out all operational procedures of the bar to the agreed standards
- To assist with event functions at East Grinstead Sports Club, as and when required.
- To ensure that the display fridges are fully stocked and in a clean and hygienic condition.
- Report any faults immediately to the Duty Manager.
- To ensure that drink preparation is done in line with brand standards.
- To ensure all deliveries received are checked and only signed for if correct.
- To ensure all deliveries are delivered within standard guidelines and the produce is to expected standard. Report any supplier issues to Duty Manager immediately.
- Maintain daily standards of cleanliness of the Bar, Customer seating area, storerooms, equipment, and report areas for concern to the Duty Manager.
- Responsible, while on duty, for the security of the Bar and its contents.
- To follow financial procedures including the collection of cash.
- Report all deficiencies without delay to the Duty Manager
- Responsible for accurate handling of cash.
Health and Safety
- To exercise due care in respect of catering equipment, premises and users in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act and Wave Leisure’s Health & Safety Policy.
- To have or be able to obtain L2 Food Hygiene Certificate and COSHH certification.
- To follow the set guidelines from Food Standards Agency, “Safer food, better business guide”.
- Personal Hygiene and presentation must be always maintained. This includes hair tied up & clean uniform.
- Notify the Duty Manager of any faults or damaged equipment.
- Ensure the tearooms areas are clean, safe and hygienic at all times and that adequate security measures are taken.
- Carry out basic cleaning duties following a check list of what needs to be cleaned, when it needs to be done and with what cleaning materials.
- To carry out other duties as required.
- To adhere to Wave Leisure Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Customer focused
- Driven and Enthusiastic
- Passion for providing exceptional service
- Can do attitude
- Team Player
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a bar environment
- Till systems/Cash handling and security
- Excellent personal presentation and standards which reflect our value of Achieving Excellence
- To be flexible to the changing demands of the business
- To be able to follow Wave Leisure Trust Policies and Procedures