During the school holidays we run a Play scheme and we are looking to recruit an Assistant to work alongside another member of staff and supervise all children booked onto the sessions. Applicants need to be enthusiastic and enjoy working with Children. Ideally you will be qualified in Childcare, Playwork or Sports Coaching although training will be provided. You will have not only the passion and energy required to ensure that the children enjoy the supervised sessions, but also an in depth knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation relating to Safeguarding of Children.
All holiday schemes are Offsted registered and will need to be run in accordance with the regulations.
The Purpose of the Role
- To work within a team of assistants to ensure the safety of the children at the Supervised Sessions.
- To ensure that the sessions are interactive and fun providing a variety of activities.
The priorities of the Assistants are:
- To provide a friendly and efficient service to all customers.
- To pro-actively provide information to promote the Centre to the public at all times.
- To respond positively to customer enquiries.
Health and Safety
To be carry out Health and Safety procedures for all the sessions.
Ensure that First Aid equipment is available and usable.
To exercise all due care in respect of Health and Safety at Work and carry out the requirements of the Trust’s systems and procedures on Health and Safety.