Wave Leisure Trust Ltd. (WLT) was formed in 2006 as a registered charitable company limited by guarantee. The Trust manages eight facilities on behalf of Lewes District Council, East Sussex County Council, and in partnership with Seaford Head School, Ringmer Community College, Priory School and Newhaven Town Council.
The WLT Team bring considerable experienced in the management of all aspects of community leisure, sports and recreation services and activities, such as leisure centres, swimming pools, health and fitness suites and athletics tracks, as well as associated activities. Wave Leisure place a great emphasis on Health and Wellbeing in all of the gyms and activities that we provide.
Undertake all functions involved in the daily operation of the Gym. This includes providing supervision of the gym floor to meet the needs of the gym customers, undertake inductions and write customer gym programmes. Additionally, you will be required to actively promote and deliver Personal Training sessions.
As a Fitness Instructor you will be required to deliver the highest quality service throughout the Centre by inspiring and motivating customers, to promote retention and provide guidance as well as support to ensure customers achieve their goals
To actively provide information to promote Wave Leisure to the public at all times and to respond positively to customer enquiries.
- To motivate and support members in order to increase retention and help members to achieve their goals
- To carry out gym induction appointments and design personalised gym programmes for members.
- To encourage and book regular progress review appointments to help members achieve their goals and stay positive.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers to ensure they use equipment safely and adopt the correct exercise technique.
- To promote and deliver Personal Training sessions.
- To actively participate in the membership sales process by making customers aware of the benefits of membership and group exercise participation
- To meet agreed performance management targets set by the Centre Management Team.
- To assist the Operations Management Team in organising special events, programme development and promotions when required.
- To ensure that the gym is maintained in a clean, safe, hygienic and tidy condition during your hours of supervision. Following & adhering to site checklists.
- To carry out appropriate maintenance checks to fitness equipment when required.
- To wear the uniform provided by the centre and adopt a high level of presentation at all times.
- You will not actively promote your private business within Wave facilities (including the car park) and to Members.
- You will keep Wave informed of external classes you teach and programs you run. By advising Wave of the classes and programs you run we can ensure that there is no direct conflict of interest.
- You will not promote your private business using images of Wave facilities or Wave members participating in Wave activities.
- If a Wave member is also a member of your exercise classes you may of course use their image to promote your class (subject to image release authorisation).
- You will make every effort to attend team meetings. These are really important in terms of feeling part of the wider team, training sessions and CPD points