The Post in Context
Undertake all functions involved in the daily operation and service delivery within Gym. This includes providing supervision of the gym floor, undertaking various gym appointments including gym programming, reviews, floor-based coaching and a high level of engagement and connection to actively recruit and retain members. As a Fitness Instructor you will be required to deliver the highest quality service throughout the Centre by inspiring and motivating customers, to increase retention and provide guidance as well as support to ensure customers achieve their goals.
- To motivate and support customers in order to increase retention and support customers to achieve their goals.
- To carry out gym appointments, including welcome workouts, Personal Plans and Plan reviews.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers to ensure they use equipment safely and adopt the correct exercise technique.
- To promote and deliver Personal Training sessions.
- Deliver gym floor small group training as required.
- Create and promote in centre gym challenges to engage customers.
- To actively participate in the membership sales process by making customers aware of the benefits of membership and group exercise participation.
- To meet agreed performance KPI targets set by the Fitness Lead.
- Create content for websites and social media platforms in the manner of images and video material.
- To assist the Duty Management Team in organising special events, programme development and promotions when required.
- To ensure that the gym is maintained in a clean, safe, hygienic and tidy condition during your hours of supervision.
- Following & adhering to site checklists.
- To carry out appropriate maintenance checks to fitness equipment when required.
- Customer focused
- Great communicator
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Passions in health & wellbeing
- Creative and intuitive
- Pro-active & good organisation
- Team Player but also a good leader
- Listening skills
- Similar work environment
- Personal Training
- Experience in working with a range of clients including (but not limited to) juniors, seniors, disabilities and referrals.
- L2 Fitness Instructing
- Ability to obtain qualifications in Exercise Referral
- CIMSPA registered
- Level 3 Personal Training
- Genuine interest in health and fitness
- After training, to be able to undertake preventative maintenance on equipment
- Knowledge of behaviour change and goal setting
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer competent, MS Office software and email
- To be flexible to the changing demands of the business
- To be able to follow Wave Leisure Trust Policies and Procedures