Downs Leisure Centre
Between £14.44 & £19.81 per hour (+ holiday pay) - Qualification Dependant
0 - 4 hours per week
The Post in Context
- To deliver the clubs recreational gymnastics programme to a high standard.
- To deliver the Centres coaching sessions to the level of your coaching qualification.
- To do the necessary preparation and set up prior to the session and liaise with other coaches as needed.
- To assist the Head Coach running sessions and following instructions.
- To provide positive and fun sessions.
- To act as a positive role model and lead by example.
- Demonstrate good coaching practice and provide motivation to all coaches and gymnasts.
- To take the necessary action if a breach of rules is identified and notify the Manager at the earliest possible opportunity.
- To have a responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- To notify the Management or Welfare Officers immediately of any incidents, referrals, or disclosures or, if this is not possible, follow the Child Protection Policy guidelines.
- To always act in a responsible and appropriate manner in accordance with the Centre and British Gymnastics code of conduct, ethics, and best practice.
- To fulfil the duty of care towards all participants and members of the Centre.
- To help raise the standard of gymnastics at the Centre.
- To actively promote the Centre where possible.
- To ensure accurate registers of your sessions are kept.
- To communicate effectively with parents regarding your gymnast’s progress.
- To deliver Award Schemes effectively, accurately, and regularly.
- Good leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with gymnasts, parents, and other members of staff.
- Ability to understand the learning process and training principles.
- Ability to motivate and assist gymnasts to develop new skills safely.
- Knowledge of injury prevention - understanding how to reduce the risk of injury to gymnasts.
- Good time management skills and punctuality.
- Qualified British Gymnastics coach (Level 2 or Level 3 required).
To apply for this or any position with Wave Leisure please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name and contact details