The Post in Context
The key purpose of this post is to maintain constant surveillance of customers in the facility; acting immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of customers in the event of emergency. When necessary you will provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
The priorities of the Leisure Attendants are:
- To provide a friendly and efficient service to all customers.
- To pro-actively provide information to promote the Sports Club to the public at all times.
- To respond positively to customer enquiries.
- Document and book in activities, events and participants to classes.
- To clean all areas of the Centre including the gym, changing rooms, toilets, showers, storeroom and sports hall to ensure exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To ensure that all users behave in an orderly manner at all times and take appropriate action should any member of the public misuse the facilities.
- To assist with the delivery of continuous improvement plans.
- To assist in the maintenance, use and updating of safety equipment and to ensure that the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are properly adhered to.
- To be diligent about compliance with the Trust’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To take on relevant responsibilities during Emergency Procedures.
- To ensure day to day preparation of facilities e.g. Equipment and set ups
- To operate Reception, telephones and booking systems
- To carry out other duties as required.
- To adhere to Wave Leisure Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Good interpersonal abilities
- Able to understand hazards related to pool conditions
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers who are breaking the rules
- Ability to stay calm under extreme circumstances
- Excellent observation skills
- Quick reaction in dangerous situations
- Customer focused
- Driven and Enthusiastic
- Passion for providing exceptional service
- Team Player
- Similar work environment
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations
- Coaching Qualification
- First Aid Certificate
- Able to organise leisure sessions in at least one activity
- To be flexible to the changing demands of the business
- To be able to follow Wave Leisure Trust Policies and Procedures