The Post in Context
The Wave Team has considerable experience in the management of all aspects of community leisure, such as managing leisure centres (wet and dry), operating dual use sites (for example, schools and colleges), running sport and physical activity programmes (both indoor and outdoor).
This role is central to providing a friendly, safe and efficient service to all of our customers at the leisure centre. As such it is vital that the post holder is an inspirational role model at all times, leading and motivating their teams as they strive to deliver excellence in all areas of operating a busy centre.
Summary of Main Duties
As Operations Manager you will lead and inspire a team of staff in delivering the highest possible standards of customer care and service delivery at all stages of a customer’s experience with Wave so that Wave becomes the leisure destination of choice for the communities in which it works.
There are seven key areas of the Operations Managers Role;
- Staffing and Staff Management.
- Health and Safety.
- Marketing and Sales.
- Cleanliness and Maintenance.
- Customer focused
- Driven and Enthusiastic
- Passion for providing exceptional service
- Can do attitude
- Team Player
- Staff supervision, leading teams to deliver high results, meet targets and respond to changing priorities.
- Previous experience of work in a customer focussed service delivery environment.
- Cash handling/reconciliation and experience of following financial systems.
- Able to calculate figures for a wide range of applications.
- To hold or to be able to obtain a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Pool Plant Operators Qualification
- Coaching qualification in one or more sports
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communications and approach to suit different circumstances.
- Good organisational skills.
- Leadership and coaching experience.
- Excellent time management.
- Experience of recruiting, training and developing staff.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- To be flexible to the changing demands of the business.
- To be able to follow Wave Leisure Trust Policies and Procedures.