The Post in Context
Key to our recovery plans, rebuilding our membership to pre-covid levels and beyond is paramount. In order to achieve this, we need to ensure an effective and appropriate customer journey for those members accessing the gym and potentially other activities.
Our team of Fitness Instructors have a key role to play in helping us to achieve our goals, both in terms of retention and sales and, on the back of some reflection and identification of a number of challenges, we want to recruit into a new Senior Fitness Instructor Role who will directly line manage our team of Fitness Instructors (x 9).
As a Fitness Instructor you will be leading by example, undertaking all functions involved in the daily operation and service delivery within the Gym. This includes providing supervision of the gym floor, undertaking various gym appointments including gym programming, reviews, floor-based coaching and a high level of engagement and connection to actively recruit and retain members.
As a Senior Fitness Instructor, you will ensure the highest quality service throughout relevant sites by implementing new and building on current customer journey procedures with the goal of improving member retention levels and sales.
Additionally, you will be able to promote and deliver Personal Training sessions off shift.
Main Duties as a Senior Fitness Instructor
- Across site, actively enforce FI delivery of retention strategies, upselling products, membership recruitment, personal training & small group training.
- To meet agreed performance KPI targets set by the Area Manager.
- Deliver ongoing 1-2-1 performance reviews with FI Team.
- Work alongside the Group Exercise Coordinator for training, development, recruitment and to assist in the implementation of all corporate decisions.
- Be the first point of contact for the FI Team.
- Ensure consistent high standards of FI member journey delivery across sites.
- Create & gather (from FI Team) content for members communications, newsletters, member of the month, move of the month and gym floor challenges.
- Assist in the creation of gym floor workshops/pop up sessions and upskill/train FI’s to deliver.
- Ensure FI’s are creating monthly content for marketing platforms and train/upskill where required.
- Lead on the Wave Fitness FB Group.
- The lead for all member feedback regarding the gym via various comms platforms and communicate/action/resolve where necessary.
- Identify industry trends and implement where applicable.
- Cover sickness and annual leave across sites where possible.
- Flexibility to work at various sites and be reactive and responsive to the needs of the gym team as and when they arise.
Main Duties as a Fitness Instructor
- To motivate and support customers to increase retention and support customers to achieve their goals.
- To carry out gym appointments, including Welcome Workouts, Personal Plans and Plan Reviews.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers to ensure they use equipment safely and adopt the correct exercise technique.
- Deliver gym floor group training as required.
- Create and promote in centre gym challenges to engage customers.
- To actively participate in the membership sales process by making customers aware of the benefits of membership and group exercise participation.
- To meet agreed performance KPI targets set by the Area Managers.
- Create content for websites and social media platforms in the manner of images and video material.
- To assist the Operations Management Team in organising special events, programme development and promotions when required.
- To ensure that the gym is maintained in a clean, safe, hygienic, and tidy condition during your hours of supervision and that you follow and adhere to site checklists.
- To carry out appropriate maintenance checks to fitness equipment and report/resolve where possible.
- Exceptional Leadership skills Customer focused
- Great communicator
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Passions in health & wellbeing
- Creative and intuitive
- Listening skills
- Confidence to present/teach/coach to groups of people
- A minimum of 2 years gym floor experience including delivery of small group training/fitness workshops
- Experience working with a range of clients- including (but not limited to) juniors, seniors, disabilities, and referrals.
- L2 Fitness Instructing
- L3 Personal Training
- Exercise to Music Qualification
- Kettlebells, Cycle, HIIT, Circuits
- L4 GP Referral
Specialist Knowledge (Essential)
- Genuine interest in health and fitness
- Plan, create & deliver fitness related content to both staff and customers
- Knowledge of behaviour change and goal setting
Specialist Knowledge (Desirable)
- Strength & Conditioning knowledge
- Running, overseeing and managing a FB social media group
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer competent, MS Office software and email
- Familiar with social media and content creation
- To be flexible to the changing demands of the business
- To be able to follow Wave Leisure Trust Policies and Procedures