We have taken positive steps in developing our site management’s approach to the ‘customer’s journey’. Through investment in facilities, systems and processes we have experienced growth in participation, but it is essential for us to continue to explore new opportunities for investment and partnership, to inspire active lifestyles within our communities.
As a Supervisor you will supervise and undertake all functions involved in the running of the centre, including pool duties, staff breaks, water testing, pool plant, cleaning, reception and administration, working to meet the business objectives of WLT to ensure long term financial sustainability.
To assist in the management of centre by supervising and undertaking all functions involved in the running of the pool including pool duties, staff breaks, water testing, pool plant, cleaning, reception and administration.
The priorities of the Supervisors are:
- To provide a friendly and efficient service to all customers.
- To pro-actively provide information to promote the Centre to the public at all times.
- To respond positively to customer enquiries.
- To ensure all operational procedures, checklists and work instructions are carried out to a high standard.
- To ensure the day to day preparation of facilities (equipment and/or areas of use).
- To undertake within the operational demands of the pool, any tasks required from cleaning, reception and administration.
- To undertake the opening and closing of the Centre in accordance with published hours and ensure the facilities are provided for the public in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene at all times throughout the shift.
- To supervise the pool area, assist swimmers in difficulty, undertake any necessary lifesaving first aid as needed.
- To ensure that recorded checks on chemical levels of the pool water are carried out and report to the Site Manager/Operations Manager/Maintenance Engineer should it fail to meet the required standard.
- To undertake routine checks and maintenance in the Plant Room including backwash of filters.
- To maintain the NPLQ qualification by attending regular training sessions and to attend any training as deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- To assist the Management Team in checking stocks of materials held weekly and order replenishment; control their use and security.
- To check daily the state of the building, plant and equipment and record any repairs needed in the fault log book.
- Whilst on duty, to be responsible for the security of the building and its contents.
- To arrange adequate pool cover, breaks, rotas of staff, cleaning duties for the shift in accordance with the day’s programmes and events.
- To ensure customer service standards are met and staff are working to their maximum potential.
- To assist with the arranging of cover for staff in advance, taking into account usage, bookings, holiday entitlement and sickness.
- To ensure that financial regulations, including the collecting of cash, are adhered to. Report any discrepancies to the Operations Manager or Area Manager and/or Head of Finance immediately.
- Ensure that booking procedures as set out in general and financial instructions are followed.
- Reconcile daily sales and monies received.
- Check goods received against orders placed and authorise invoices for payment.
Health and Safety
- To be responsible for overall health and safety requirements of the centre, equipment, premises and users during centre opening hours.
- Carry out periodic fire drills to ensure that centre employees and coaches are familiar with procedures and that equipment is usable.
- Ensure that First Aid equipment is available and usable.
- To exercise all due care in respect of Health and Safety at Work and carry out the requirements of the Trust’s systems and procedures on Health and Safety.
- To carry out other duties as required.
- To adhere to Wave Leisure Trust’s policies and procedures
- Customer focused
- Driven and Enthusiastic
- Passion for providing exceptional service
- Can do attitude
- Team Player
- Interpersonal skills
- Staff supervision, leading teams to deliver high results and respond to changing priorities.
- Cash handling/reconciliation and experience of following financial systems. Able to calculate figures for a wide range of applications.
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Strong interpersonal skills to adapt communications and approach to suit different circumstances
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- To be flexible to the changing demands of the business
- To be able to follow Wave Leisure Trust Policies and Procedures.