To assist in the management of the Centre you will supervise and undertake all functions involved in the running of the site, including staff breaks, cleaning, reception and administration, site specific tasks and working to meet the business objectives of WLT to ensure long term financial sustainability.
The priorities of the Supervisors are:
- To provide a friendly and efficient service to all customers.
- To pro-actively provide information to promote the Centre to the public at all times.
- To respond positively to customer enquiries.
- To work with all groups at the centre.
- To ensure all operational procedures, checklists and work instructions are carried out to a high standard.
- To ensure the day-to-day preparation of facilities (equipment and/or areas of use).
- To undertake within the operational demands of the centre, any tasks required from cleaning, reception, administration.
- To undertake the opening and closing of the Centre in accordance with published hours and ensure the facilities are provided for the public in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene at all times throughout the shift.
- To assist the Management Team in checking stocks of materials held weekly and order replenishment; control their use and security.
- To check daily the state of the building, plant and equipment and record any repairs needed in the fault logbook.
- Whilst on duty, to be responsible for the security of the building and its contents.
- To undertake individual areas of responsibility as set out by the Operations Manager and Area Manager.
- To arrange adequate cover, breaks, rotas of staff, cleaning duties for the shift in accordance with the day’s programmes and events.
- To ensure customer service standards are met and staff are working to their maximum potential.
- To assist with the arranging of cover for staff in advance, taking into account usage, bookings, holiday entitlement and sickness.
- To ensure training records are kept up to date.
- To ensure that financial regulations, including the collecting of cash, are adhered to. Report any discrepancies to the Area Manager and/or Head of Finance immediately.
- Ensure that booking procedures as set out in general and financial instructions are followed.
- Reconcile daily sales and monies received.
- Check goods received against orders placed and authorise invoices for payment.
Health and Safety
- To be responsible for health and safety requirements of the centre, equipment, premises and users during centre opening hours.
- Carry out periodic fire drills to ensure that centre employees and coaches are familiar with procedures and that equipment is usable.
- Ensure that First Aid equipment is available and usable.
- To exercise all due care in respect of Health and Safety at Work and carry out the requirements of the Trust’s systems and procedures on Health and Safety.
- To assist the Operations Manager to ensure that the PMM is carried out.
- To attend monthly H & S meetings if required.
- To assist the Operations Manager to ensure all other testing and maintenance is carried out as required.
- To carry out other duties as required.
- To adhere to Wave Leisure Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Customer focused
- Driven and Enthusiastic
- Passion for providing exceptional service
- Can do attitude
- Team Player
- Interpersonal skills
- Staff supervision, leading teams to deliver high results and respond to changing priorities
- Cash handling/reconciliation and experience of following financial systems. Able to calculate figures for a wide range of applications.
- Previous experience of working in a Leisure Centre
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Strong interpersonal skills to adapt communications and approach to suit different circumstances
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- To be flexible to the changing demands of the business
- To be able to follow Wave Leisure Trust Policies and Procedures