To complete Wave Swim School Stage 6, the learner will need to:
1. Give two examples of how to prepare for exercise and understand why it is important
2. Sink, push off on side from the wall, glide, kick and rotate into backstroke
3. Sink, push off on side from the wall, glide, kick and rotate into front crawl
4. Swim 10 metres wearing clothes
5. Push and glide and swim front crawl to include at least six rhythmical breaths
6. Push and glide and swim breaststroke to include at least six rhythmical breaths
7. Push and glide and swim butterfly to include at least three rhythmical breaths
8. Push and glide and swim backstroke to include at least six regular breaths
9. Push, glide and swim 25 metres, choice of stroke is optional*
10. Perform a ‘shout and signal’ rescue
11. Perform a surface dive
*performed to Swim England expected standards
Once they’ve completed this stage, learners will receive the Swim England Learn to Swim Stage 6 Award. They will also be ready to move on to Stage 7.
If you're ready to sign up or you've got a question about our swimming lessons, get in touch with the Wave Swim School Team at email@example.com or call your local pool:
When making an enquiry, please include the swimmer's age and ability (including any past swimming awards) as well as which site you would like them to learn at, as this will speed up the enquiry process.
You can find out more about our term lengths and payment options here - your child could get 50 swimming lessons for the price of 45 as well as free swimming outside of lessons!