These sessions have a maximum of 6 children per class to enhance their learning and provide a calm environment.
To complete Wave Swim School Stage 1, the learner will need to:
1. Enter the water safely
2. Move forward for a distance of five metres, feet may be on or off the floor
3. Move backwards for a distance of five metres, feet may be on or off the floor
4. Move sideways for a distance of five metres, feet may be on or off the floor
5. Scoop the water and wash the face
6. Be comfortable with water showered from overhead
7. Move from a flat floating position on the back and return to standing
8. Move from a flat floating position on the front and return to standing
9. Push and glide in a flat position on the front from a wall
10. Push and glide in a flat position on the back from a wall.
11. Give examples of two pool rules
12. Demonstrate an understanding of pool rules
13. Exit the water safely
Once they’ve completed this stage, learners will receive the Swim England Learn to Swim Stage 1 Award. They will also be ready to move on to Stage 2.
If you're ready to sign up or you've got a question about our swimming lessons, get in touch with the Wave Swim School Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call your local pool:
When making an enquiry, please include the swimmer's age and ability (including any past swimming awards) as well as which site you would like them to learn at, as this will speed up the enquiry process.
You can find out more about our term lengths and payment options here - your child could get 50 swimming lessons for the price of 45 as well as free swimming outside of lessons!