To complete Wave Swim School Stage 4, the learner will need to:
1. Perform a sequence of changing shapes (minimum of three) whilst floating on the surface and demonstrate an understanding of floating
2. Push and glide from the wall towards the pool floor
3. Kick 10 metres backstroke*
4. Kick 10 metres front crawl*
5. Kick 10 metres butterfly on the front or back
6. Kick 10 metres breaststroke on the front*
7. Perform a head first sculling action for five metres in a flat position on the back
8. Travel on back and log roll in one continuous movement onto front
9. Travel on front and log roll in one continuous movement onto back
10. Push and glide and swim 10 metres, choice of stroke is optional
*one item of equipment optional
Once they’ve completed this stage, learners will receive the Swim England Learn to Swim Stage 4 award, as well as their 20m badge. They will also be ready to move on to Stage 5.
If you're ready to sign up or you've got a question about our swimming lessons, get in touch with the Wave Swim School Team at email@example.com or call your local pool:
When making an enquiry, please include the swimmer's age and ability (including any past swimming awards) as well as which site you would like them to learn at, as this will speed up the enquiry process.
You can find out more about our term lengths and payment options here - your child could get 50 swimming lessons for the price of 45 as well as free swimming outside of lessons!