To complete Wave Swim School Stage 5, the learner will need to:
1. Perform a flat stationary scull on the back
2. Perform a feet first sculling action for five metres in a flat position on the back
3. Perform a sculling sequence with a partner for 30-45 seconds to include a rotation
4. Tread water for 30 seconds
5. Perform three different shaped jumps into deep water
6. Push and glide and swim 10 metres backstroke*
7. Push and glide and swim 10 metres front crawl*
8. Push and glide and swim 10 metres breaststroke*
9. Push and glide and swim 10 metres butterfly*
10. Perform a handstand and hold for a minimum of three seconds
11. Perform a forward somersault
12. Demonstrate an action for getting help
*performed to Swim England expected standards
Once they’ve completed this stage, learners will receive the Swim England Learn to Swim Stage 5 Award. They will also be ready to move on to Stage 6.
If you're ready to sign up or you've got a question about our swimming lessons, get in touch with the Wave Swim School Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call your local pool:
When making an enquiry, please include the swimmer's age and ability (including any past swimming awards) as well as which site you would like them to learn at, as this will speed up the enquiry process.
You can find out more about our term lengths and payment options here - your child could get 50 swimming lessons for the price of 45 as well as free swimming outside of lessons!