1. Complete a set lasting 400 metres (e.g. 16 x 25 metres) on a specific turn around time set by the teacher (e.g. one minute for each 25 metres)
2. Swim 400 metres continuously using one stroke
3. Kick 25 metres backstroke with/without using a board
4. Kick 25 metres breaststroke with/without using a board
5. Kick 25 metres butterfly without using a board
6. Kick 25 metres front crawl with/without using a board
7. Perform a backstroke turn from 10 metres in to 15 metres out
8. Perform a breaststroke turn from 10 metres in to 15 metres out
9. Perform a butterfly turn from 10 metres in to 15 metres out
10. Perform a front crawl turn from 10 metres in to 15 metres out
11. Perform a dive, track or grab start and kick butterfly underwater streamlined position for 5 metres with focus on progressing to 10 metres
Once they’ve completed this stage, learners will receive the Swim England Learn to Swim Stage 8 Award. They will also be ready to move on to Stage 9.
If you're ready to sign up or you've got a question about our swimming lessons, get in touch with the Wave Swim School Team at email@example.com or call your local pool:
When making an enquiry, please include the swimmer's age and ability (including any past swimming awards) as well as which site you would like them to learn at, as this will speed up the enquiry process.
You can find out more about our term lengths and payment options here - your child could get 50 swimming lessons for the price of 45 as well as free swimming outside of lessons!